At this time we have cooking quality recipes Rava Upma 2018 is interesting to try and in practise. So the recipe Rava Upma renders as a menu extra and fresh science in the wonderful world of dishes. Please try and if successful with cooking recipes popular recipe Be sure to conserve and or make a note in if Rava Upma by Aswani Vishnuprasad is beneficial.
By: Aswani Vishnuprasad via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Rava Upma:
- 1 cup bombay rava / semolina / sooji
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp chana dal (optional)
- 1/2 tsp urad dal
- Few curry leaves
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Carrot chopped
- 1/4 cup beans
- 2 green chillies
- 1 inch ginger finely chopped
- 3 cups water
- to taste salt
- 2 tbsp grated coconut
Method for "Rava Upma":
- Dry roast rava on low flame for 2-3 minutes. keep aside to cool completely.
- In a large kadai/cheenacchatti, heat oil and add mustard, urad dal and few curry leaves. Saute till the mustard seeds splutter.
- Add onion, carrot,beans, green chilli, ginger and saute well.
- Pour water and get to vigorous boil. Add salt and mix well.
- Keeping the flame on low, add roasted rava slowly, stirring continuously with another hand.
- Mix continuously till the rava absorbs water.
- Cover and simmer on low flame till upma is cooked well.
- Add grated coconut to the upma and switch off the flame.